University 101

My experperience of university

Tuesday, September 26, 2006


Taylor's Fall from Grace

OK, now for some not so good news... I had to write my second bio test last week ( my first I got 83%). Now just for the record... I HATE bio! I am one of those people that if I am not interested, or can't see why I need to know something, then my brain will simply reject the information. This is what happened to my hours of studying. I even went and sat in the open learning centre and studies for an hour and a half right before my test! Then I go into the test and sit down, look at the test... I ask myself, "Did we even learn this?!" Of course we did, it is exactly what i just spent almost 2 hours trying to memorize and remember. I mean where does cell respiration take place? And what is an emulsiphier?? And could somebody please tell me why we have proteins in our body? Because I do not know. I studied my ass off, and I am guessing I got about 50% (and that's if I get all the ones right that I think I did). So now I have a new strategy... I mean why not, the old one- go to class, pay attention, do all the practice questions, review and preview, and studying, obviously did not work. So I have come up with a new srategy... it is this... I LOVE BIOLOGY! I CANNOT WAIT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT MOLECULAR BIOLOGY! BIOLOGY IS VERY IMPORTANT TO MY CAREER! That's right, self afirmations. So now when I go to class, instead of thinking.. "Oh, hell... I have to go to bio, I'd rather have my fingernails pulled off", I think to myself "Yes! Tuesday! I am so excited for this class" and when I am in class I tell myself over and over again... "this is interesting, this is important" I am not sure if this will work, but apparently psychologists and people say that if you tell yourself something enough, soon it will becaome true, so maybe I will wake up and really will think about how I can't wait to go to bio..... Otherwise I just don't know what I will do... I even have a tutor... they love bio, so maybe it will be contagious... maybe if I hear my tutor talk in that fast excited voice he has when he talks about cells, and dna and stuff, maybe, just maybe I will feel that way too. They also say that if you write a goal down and post it for other peopl to see your are more likely to acheive it..... so here goes.............. My goal is to, by the end of the year, have an understanding and appreciation for biology. There. Gee, I don't feel any different about bio. I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, maybe it just needs some time to take effect, either way, I will keep you posted on how bio is going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home