University 101

My experperience of university

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Hello, and welcome to University 101! This blog will be a look into the world of starting (and hopefully) completeing a degree in university. Now... the first step may look something like this.



An acception letter that you waited months to get. Well... you may think September is a long way off.... but it's not!

My advice for prior to arrival at school is this:

-apply for loans ASAP!
- register for classes ASAP
-have transcipts (if needed) sent ASAP
-know ALL the important dates ( these can be found in your school's calendar)

Now here comes the fun part... jumping into the tornado that is university

This is what I learned my first day of school, as it was also the orientation:

- even though lots of poeple don't go, or only stay for part of the day... statistics show that students who stay for the whole day get 5 to 10 percent better grades than students who don't attend the full day of orientation
- also ask LOTS of questions... if you are embarrassed, ask your teachers after class, or in an email... the questions will ultimately help you in the end

This is all I can say for now.... my first day of classes is tomorrow... so hopefully I will have some pearls of wisdom for you then.

Oh and I thought I would add this neat thing we did today...
(it is an exerpt from my other blog: myohmy-tdot.blogspot.com )

So... I learned something very valuable today. One of the teachers gave us each a key.


Now, the question they asked us was... "what do you notice about this key?" Everyone came to the same conclusion... The key is uncut. But it has the potential to open many different doors. (can you see where I'm going with this). basically... it is a metaphor for our life. What will we do with our day, our week, our month, our life. Our lives have so much potential... and we make our own destiny, we open our own doors. So I put it on my keychain, so that I can see it everyday, and I will choose how that day will be. I think this is wonderful, and everyone should rush out and buy an uncut key... so that you too can ask yourself the question, What do I want my day, week, month ect to look like? What will I do to make that happen? Try it... you never know... I don't see myself ever parting with my key... we have bonded. I now look at my key, and ponder life, I look at my key and I see my hopes, dreams and goals. So now, I know what I will make of my day.... What will you make of it??????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home